Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Prelude to a Nightmare....





It's hard to wrap my head around the fact it has been nearly two years since this latest journey began. Just before it started, it felt to me like one painful chapter in the book of my life was coming to a close and a new, more hopeful one was beginning to open.

Boy was I off track but it's important to note the state of affairs here and my mind set as this new storm hit to better understand its impact on me, my family my farm and my Arabian horses.

 While you might expect my trip driving alone across the country and back for the US National Championship All Arabian Horse Show in Tulsa should have built me up,  the almost immediate collapse of that fateful relationship at Opus Arabians and its resulting lawsuit really drained all of my resources physically, financially and emotionally. I was as low as I have ever been at that point and wondering how I had managed to get myself into such a fix.

Only once the lawsuit was behind me was I finally able to begin reflection on that whole experience. With that came some understanding of  how I had been manipulated to such an extent that such a fraud could be and was perpetuated against me. Along with that understanding I could finally forgive myself for the jeopardy I had put Storm and my other horses in, not to mention my farm and my dream.

Even though my efforts as my own attorney certainly garnered the desired results,  it wasn't until my work with Storm allowed him to reclaim his equally shattered confidence and Legs finally crossed the gap from guarded, protective movement into the natural, gifted gait he'd been born with but lost so early in his life, that I began to see the possibility there really was a rainbow beyond the storm caused by my interactions with Richard Galarza, Angie Miller and their Opus Arabians.

Despite the fact I was still reeling from the betrayal by my daughter, Colleen, and my granddaughter, Rachel, with the resulting hole in my heart deep and fiercely painful, I was beginning to reassemble the pieces of my shattered confidence and self esteem.

As my understanding of the events grew so did the realization of the profound impact this experience had on my life. I had made breeding decisions and other financial decisions based on that fraud and the ramifications of those choices were just beginning to unfold as the economy plummeted even further and the horse market all but nearly collapsed.

Fortunately like all the other storms that make up my history, I had once again emerged out the other side and I felt better prepared for whatever the future might hold. I was looking forward to the new show season and another trip to the National horse show. This time I would make the trip with two stallions bred by me and going competitively. I was convinced the road ahead would be filled with the sunshine it takes for a rainbow to materialize.

It is not the inaccuracy of my projection that set me up but my lack of total understanding of the events past.  I had only peeled off a layer of the onion that is my ability to read people and protect myself. My short sightedness certainly set me up for what was to follow.

To be continued.......

A Return to the Journey of 2011


NOTE:  As you probably noticed I have used the names of the parties involved in the lawsuit which I have not done in the past. I have come to realize that not doing so is a mistake. This lawsuit and its information is a matter of public record and I am within my rights to post it. Part of the purpose of doing so was to protect others from making the same mistake either with these people or with others and it is obvious from some of their latest antics, they are still up to their old tricks. I will not enable them to take advantage of others by keeping silent and I will be updating my other posts to fix my past mistakes.

12 comments:

  1. It is so good to read a post from you, and I'm sorry that is not a happier one, but we all want you to tell it like it is. How are you feeling? How are the horses? It is good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to be back. I hope I can maintain this. I guess time will tell. The horses are doing fine although Legs is getting crabby about not working.

      Delete
  2. I think if you get a chance to tell your story it will help you put it in the past where it belongs. It's time to move on to happier times and find that rainbow. I'm glad you're posting again and feel well enough to do so.

    Please let us know how you and your family and your horses are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one story I will be very glad to have in the past. That can't come soon enough for me.

      Lindsay and Dave are fine but getting tired of carrying the whole load. The horses are fine as well but I am still down with crippling pain.

      Delete
  3. It must be very liberating to name those who tried to take so much from you. They don't deserve anonymity for the things they did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point, I just feel like I need to get the old posts fixed. Filling in their names to the actual deeds will mean a lot. I wish I had done it from the start and you're so right about them not deserving anonymity. They will never quit doing these kinds of things as long as they can sucker people in. Hopefully this information will help.

      Delete
  4. I think if we as a horse industry keep things public it will make it a lot harder for anyone to try to cheat anyone else.

    I agree it is good to hear from you again, hope this means you are feeling better, I miss reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way. Too many people keep to themselves the ways they've been exploited and that's really bad for the industry.

      Hopefully I will be able to maintain posting. So far so good but then I thought months ago I was going to be back to regular posting....

      Delete
  5. I am glad you are naming names, not because I know these folks or even of them, but because protecting them for their own actions serves no one. your honesty and integrity have survived and so will your dreams I pray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers. My dreams really are in question at this point but I still am hoping..........

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to happier times and sunshine after so much rain has fallen in your life. Aptly named Rising Rainbow- I hope you do find that elusive Pot O' Gold at the end.

    Good to see you rejoining the ranks of the blog posting community!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping for some gold too. The sooner the better.

      Delete