Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Adventure Begins..........

As you probably know by now I made it to Tulsa to the US National Arabian Horse Show....... but the trip was rough. When I say rough I mean really rough. It was not only a long trip but a complicated one. Just thinking about it makes me pause to wonder if I really ever want to make it this all worth it to me. I guess only time will tell.

In the meantime, I had planned to bring you up to speed on the trip when I arrived. I had Dave's laptop but was unable to get it figured out how to "make it" search for a connection. As it turned out the Wifii at the fairgrounds was just not strong enough to maintain a connection long enough for me to ever post a blog. The cost of setting something else up so I could post was prohibitive. I was going to have to settle for writing the posts and posting when I arrived home.

I asked Dave to post to let you know that I have arrived safely and I was hoping he might manage an update or two. As you can see from those posts he did, Dave's idea of an update is not the same as mine. I must admit his hunt and peck style of typing probably makes much more next to impossible even if he were a man of many words.......which he is not.

Now on to details of the trip, I don't recall if I mentioned that I would be travelling with Jesse Saldana. I had been unable to locate anyone from my area to travel with and Jesse was the next best option. The only problem was travelling with Jesse would add quite a few miles to this excursion, somewhere in the nature of 300 or way. On paper that 300 miles didn't seem like much. In actuality, it really sucked.........but back to my story about the trip.

Originally the plan had been for me to leave on Saturday morning to drive to Jesse's. The projected time for me to arrive at Santa Rosa was about 15 hours. We would get there late in the evening to depart early the following morning for Tulsa. Then Jesse called me the previous weekend saying he wanted to leave one day later since he didn't have a class until the Monday after the show started.

Despite Jessie's change in schedule I decided that I would stick with my plan of leaving on Saturday. That would give me two days to get to Santa Rosa. Since Jessie said it takes him twelve hours to reach Santa Rosa from Salem, and not knowing how Jessie drives, I didn't know if I could duplicate that or not. The last thing I needed was to have the trip take longer only to head out towards Tulsa with no rest at all.

Tulsa approximately eighteen hundred miles and we'd be driving straight through. Jesse had two drivers while I was relying just on me. Two days to get to Santa Rosa would take the pressure off and allow time should anything go wrong. I hoped to be well rested when we departed for Tulsa.

To be continued.........

Hitting the Road

Visit Blog Village and vote daily for this blog Here They are now measuring the rankings by votes out, so if you find my blog on the site, please click that link too to improve my rankings. TY


  1. Ooooh, it already sounds like a MAJOR undertaking! I can hardly wait...

    How'd you do????

  2. Welcome Home MiKael! Glad you made it, and I'm looking forward to hearing about the adventure...

  3. Can't wait for the next post. I'm excited to hear all the details.