Sunday, October 17, 2010

Anniversary Sadness.........



It was on this date last year that I left for the US National All Arabian Horse Show in Tulsa Oklahoma. While I cannot say I miss the Count Down it took getting ready to depart for last year's show, I can say I feel some sadness on this anniversary of my departure. Now that I finally am ready to be competing at the level it sucks to be stuck home just sitting on the sidelines.

Although I will not miss the trip travelling across the country, I will certainly miss the adventure of it all. The Adventure Begins I never knew what was coming next and yet I got through it. The whole experience made me stronger and gave me a deeper belief in myself. For that reason alone the trip was worth it.

My only regrets about the trip was that I didn't get to see as many classes as I would like to have seen. I would love to have been able to sit on the rail and study all the new faces since the last time I'd been. There are many new stars emerging in the Arabian Horse industry and I'd really like to be up on who the "players" are.

I still cannot get over how many unrecognizable faces there were in the open western pleasure classes nor all the age on the faces I did recognize. It's been over a dozen years since I'd last been to that horse show and I wasn't prepared for the huge difference it had made.

Even though I knew early in the year that it would be better for me to stay home this year, I still feel like I'm missing out. My horse really would have been ready this year had I not been distracted by the lawsuit. It really is because of the lawsuit that I knew I would be staying home since there would probably be no point in showing to a judge who is good friends with the person I sued.

Even with all of this I can't help but feel I'm supposed to be there. It would be fun to be there if only to watch. I could sit on the rail and watch tracking bloodlines of horses I really like and checking out trainers to see what their methods are like. For me there's just nothing more educational than what can be seen both in and out of the rings at the National Championships.

Visit Blog Village and vote daily for this blog Here They are now measuring the rankings by votes out, so if you find my blog on the site, please click that link too to improve my rankings. TY

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm well you will have to be extra ready for next year, no lawsuit to hold you back. There is no coverage on the internet of it you could maybe see something?

    ReplyDelete