Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Little on Christmas




Normally, I do a post on Christmas eve, some form of variation of Twas the Night Before Christmas This year I did think about the famous poem and my usual yearly mutilations to make it fit life on our farm but to be honest, I just couldn't do it.

In former variations I tried to reflect true Christmas spirit and happenings here. I began this tradition in 2008 Twas the Night Before Christmas Each year there was some kind of change, no matter how subtle it was.
Twas the Night before Christmas 2009

Good or bad the changes were noted T'was the Night Before Christmas..........2010


Somehow the changes here this year just didn't seem to stimulate my Christmas muse. While stories untold have never been enough to stop me from dropping hints like those done in 2009, this year's journey just didn't seem to mix with my idea of Christmas spirit.

Not that I haven't seen and experienced plenty of Christmas spirit this year. It just did not lend itself to the elements the tradition of this holiday poem has been for me. The stories will be told in their own time and maybe then my Christmas muse will find itself again.

In the meantime I thought it best to reshare Molesting the Christmas Tree.......... While I really missed having a tree this year, I'm sure had we put one up, it would have fared about as well as last years. Yesterday I really did miss the tree enough to try to convince Dave and Lindsay to join me in a decorating party but Dave just didn't seem all that enthused so I let it go but I'm pretty sure he's wishing we'd not skipped on this Christmas tradition and next year it will be back alive and well, even if it does get abused by the dogs and cats.

Wishing a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

14 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and the family and I'm also wishing you a Happy Healthy New Year.

    I know what you mean about the tree, we didn't put our big one up this year either. Just a small tabletop since no one was coming over for the holidays. It just doesn't feel right after having the big one every year. I'm with you and I'm putting the regular tree up next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We're just glad to have you with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mikael - Merry Christmas and all my best wishes for a healthy, more prosperous New Year! There's no doubt that 2011 has been tough, and I applaud your strength and determination. I'm sending lots of positive healing energy to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Mikeal! Hope today found you well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas isn't just about the decorations and gifts, it's about the love in our hearts and the love we share. I hope you had a blessed Christmas, surrounded by the love of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do appreciate you sharing because we still share it all with you. I know how things can change and you just have to go w/ the flow. I think as we get older, it gets easier, sorta...Praying for you and thinking of you to recover. Your body does want to heal, and sometimes a tincture of time is the hardest medicine to take. Gentle hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No tree here either. Roll on 2012 and may it be much improved over 2011 for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just did our usual 3 ft lit plastic cactus. I think it's the lights that really do it for me. Doesn't matter what they're draped around.

    Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas. I have been visiting blog and seeing what everyone goes through with pets and Christmas trees. What we won't do for our pets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I started to put up decorations...did the mantle and a few garlands. Decided to go ahead and put the tree up, got the lights on and that was it. We had a very low-key Christmas here. It's not the same without the kids and MH and I decided there really wasn't any gifts we wanted to surprise each other with, so that was that.

    I'm just ready for the New Year to get here.

    Hoping 2012 will be a better year for you and yours MiKael.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas to you, glad to see you well enough to visit other blogs :) I had a tree this year, but no other decorations cause we werent home for Christmas but it just didnt seem right. Next year it will be more decorations here too, specially lights.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Night Before Christmas poems so will be content to read the ones from before and look forward to next years!

    Here's wishing you all the best in 2012, may you regain your health and be back in the saddle again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. MiKael, I hope you and yours have a healthy and prosperous year. This past one has sure been hard for you. Looking forward to your feeling better with every passing day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It just doesn't feel right after having the big one every year. I'm with you and I'm putting the regular tree up next year.

    Equine Parasites

    ReplyDelete