Saturday, June 4, 2011

Pooped Puppy........

and I don't mean Sugar or Delilah. The day was glorious here and I took advantage of the weather to get horses worked, seven of them in all. Groundwork and lunging for five of them and then I rode the last two and my b*tt is dragging.

Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be equally as glorious with temps possibly reaching the 80s so I'm planning on getting started early to avoid the heat. I have plans to ramp the training up a notch on those first five horses and then, of course, I'll continue on with the riding of the other two. If I can still move when I get that far, I might just move onto the three geldings. I've been wanting to get them back to work. We'll see how that goes.

The rain is supposed to return Monday. I'm really hoping they're wrong about that. I'd really like to be getting in a groove here and getting these horses back to regular work. I think they've missed it as much as I have.

9 comments:

  1. It is nice to hear you are enjoying the sunny days to get out and work all your horses. I dont blame you for being tired after dealing with that many horses in a day. But I guess at the end of it all you hop into bed feeling so very satisfied. Have a good day tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm exhausted like i haven't been in years because i was up until 4 am with baasha who would not let me leave him during a bad thunder/lightning storm. if i even moved in the stall to go sit down he'd nicker frantically and run to my side, bumping me with his nose. i could see everything whenever lightning struck, the entire house and field lit up like high noon in purple. i felt so bad for my horse but finally i went to bed. i woke up at 8 and looked out there and saw him lying flat out in his stall and thought he was killed in the night but he was just exhausted too. we got some rain with that storm but not much. good thing the hay was baled yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I wish we could get some rain. It is sooooo dry here. It hasn't rained for months and months. We have a constant haze from the smoke of Arizona forest fires. It smelled so bad one night I kept going outside to see if I could see flames.

    How you manage to work five horses, grooming and tacking them up too, is beyond me. Three is too many for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - seven horses worked? I'd be tired too! I can barely ride one... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your weather is improving. But hey lady, that's a lot of horses. I'd be dead by the end of the day. I give you lots of credit for keeping at it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After being denied the weather to work horses at all, I bet it felt good to get out there and get something done. I'm familiar with that butt-dragging, but oh-so-good feeling of getting a bunch worked.

    I too think the horses are happy to get back to work after a long layoff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busy lady ! I will be hooking on to some Alberta Sunshine and heading your way Thursday , should be in Seattle Friday and for the weekend .Hope to see you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wasn't the day beautiful? I had to work Saturday, but on Sunday I was hoping to get my filly out. I ended up mowing the lawn, washing my horse trailer and truck and getting other yard stuff done that needed to be done in the warm weather. I can always work the filly when it cools down, which is what they say is going to happen!
    Glad you got to get all those horses worked!! Hopefully we can get a longer stretch of dry weather so we can all get back on a decent schedule again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go you!!! I don't know how you do it. I'm pooped after only working with two.

    ReplyDelete