Sunday, November 14, 2010

Finally Home............

It's been a really long weekend and I'm exhausted, not to mention I'm now having computer issues, so I'm only going to post a quick note about the Wendy Potts clinic I attended this weekend.

I left here at 5:30 this morning because I hadn't been able to sleep since 2 and my computer was toast. Unable to do a blog post there was nothing else to do here so I knew I could get into the arena anytime after 6. I might just as well go give my horse a chance to really see that arena before my scheduled ride time of 10:00 AM.

I'm pretty sure I'm in a sleep deprived state since I woke up at 2 the previous two nights as well. I'm also pretty sure if I did try to post about the clinic I'd leave out half of the things I'd really like to say so in order to do the clinic justice, I will wait and write after work tomorrow.

In the meantime I just want to say the Wendy Potts clinic was absolutely awesome. I have participated in every clinic the Daffodil Arabian Horse Association has done since I joined those twenty some years ago and this one ranks up there as one of the all time best.

There were some great horses, good riders and lots of different things going on. Wendy was a great communicator. I'm going to rest up and think about what I saw and heard so hopefully I can give this clinic the justice it deserves.

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing about it, and certainly hope you get a good nights sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. Looking forward to reading your notes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Storm's coat does look like a bright copper penny (atleast it does in the pictures). He is stunning, and I bet he is even more so in real life ~ video?

    I wonder how Stallions know when there are no mares present, especially when horses are stalled. Casper knows this and I often wonder how. He'll puff up and rumble away when he's led by mare's stalls and he'll just relax going past gelding stalls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete