Monday, September 14, 2009

Patrick Swayze Loses His Fight.........



I already had my post written for tonight but with the passing of Patrick Swayze it just doesn't seem fitting. It was January when I posted about Swayze, his cancer and Arabian horses.


I have watched and listened for his progress wishing the man well but knowing that the odds were against him. Cancer is an ugly disease. Dying from it even uglier. I have know it up close and all way too personal in both regards. Watching someone close to me both as a child and an adult, I feel for the patient as well as his/her caregivers.

I can't help but feel if this had to be the outcome that I am glad his struggle is finally over. Yet I so wish it had ended differently.The Arabian horse lost a great friend and advocate in Patrick. He will be missed. May he rest in peace.

2 comments:

  1. yes, Patrick Swayze was a great man. I also lost my husband to pancreatic cancer 2 years ago. It's a horrible disease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm saddened by your loss as well. What a difficult journey.....

    ReplyDelete