Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Rachel and Grandma and Arabian Horses at the Daffodil Summer Show.....a whole herd of them! Championships



In the afternoon session Rachel and I both had western pleasure championships. There's video for two of the three classes so I'm not going to go into details here. The first video is Rachel and Dandy in the junior owner to ride western pleasure championship. The second one is me riding Legs in the amateur owner to ride 40 & over championship. Legs and I placed 5th out of 7 in our class. Dandy and Rachel won theirs.

Rachel's class on Eclipse was nearly the last class of the show. Rachel and Eclipse won that class. Then afterwards Angie had Rachel stay up at the gate with Eclipse to talk with the judge. That's something that Angie likes to have her kids do.......but then so do I. You can learn a lot by talking to the judge.

I'm not exactly sure what Rachel and Angie talked about to the judge. However, I do know that bless Richard Petty's sweet little heart, he told Rachel that he really liked her other horse. Since Rachel had been taking Dandy for granted, this comment from the judge opened her eyes to the fact that maybe she really should be appreciating this horse. I know that comment did have an effect on Rachel and for that I am grateful.


Visit Blog Village and vote daily for this blog Here They are now measuring the rankings by votes out, so if you find my blog on the site, please click that link too to improve my rankings. TY

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that the judge told Rachel he likes Dandy!! Not only is it a nice confirmation for you, but it's good that Rachel had her eyes opened to what a gift you gave her--such a nice horse to work with, learn on, and show with. I hope this means that things are a bit better between the two of you?

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to both of you! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Grandma! It sounds like your granddaughter it starting to have some real success. I agree with you 100% that the judge's comment about Dandy was a wonderful thing for Rachel to hear. Way to go, Dandy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you both did well at the show. Rachel should never take Dandy for granted he is one of the coolest horses I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dandy looks like he is floating on air! wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete