Sunday, August 12, 2007

More on Rachel and Grandma and an Arabian Horse Part 7

The Rachel and Grandma and an Arabian Horse series begins with the original post. Yesterday's post is the beginning of current happenings in the series is More on Rachel and Grandma and an Arabian Horse


Rachel did pretty well keeping her focus knowing the axe was about to fall. I sure have to give her credit for that. She did manage to get the newest version of the figure eight exercise and the horse was responding well. At least part of this relationship was going well. I was relieved about that.

Once she got the exercise worked out in the snaffle, I put the horse into the western bridle and climbed back on board. Again that stiffness in his right shoulder surfaced and I worked on him until we got through that and I could put Rachel back on.

For her first ride in the curb bit in many months, she actually had a pretty decent ride. She does have a problem over steering but then I catch myself at that sometimes too, even now. The horse was definitely going more collected for her in the curb than he had ever been. She still had a ways to go to get to the degree of collection I ride him in but she was definitely well on her way.

After she had cooled out the Arabian horse and rinsed him down with Vetrolin, we got things set up for her to begin the body clip on Scandalous Hope. I wanted to have a few pictures on the subject of body clipping for later posts, so I showed Rachel how to do certain things as she took the pics for me.

As I lifted up a leg to show her how to clip in the groove, I discovered that Hope wasn't in the mood to have her legs messed with. There was no way that Rachel was going to be able to clip the mare's legs without help.

I didn't really have the time to stay and hold the Arabian mare while Rachel clipped because Rachel tends to do everything in slow gear, just like her mother. I still had a zillion things to get done at home since I was going to be gone for the weekend. So I clipped while Rachel held AND I told Rachel how disappointed I was to find she had been lying to me.

We were having a pretty serious discussion when the farm owner came in and interrupted us. Even with that interruption I was pretty sure I did make my point. Rachel was not happy to hear that I no longer feel I can trust her. I was relieved to see that at least for now, my respect seems to be important to her. The road might be a bit rocky right now but I think we're still going forward. As important as it is for the Arabian horse, I think it's even more important for Rachel and Grandma.

On to the horse show............



Visit Blog Village and vote daily for this blog Here They are now measuring the rankings by votes out, so if you find my blog on the site, please click that link too to improve my rankings. TY


1 comment: