Saturday, July 7, 2007

Annual Open House Nears for a Small Breeder



A week from tomorrow, July 15, is our 4th Annual Open House. You'd think by number four the kinks would all be worked out, and maybe the typical ones are, but the seem to be a whole new set.Murphy's Law is in full effect and good old Murphy seems to be developing quite a sense of humor. Only problem is, I'm not laughing.

The picture above is Scandalous Dare at last year's open house. In the background of the picture see the balloons flying off the corner of our sandwich board sign. The Arabian mare is doing what all horses seem to do when you want to show them off to the world. For me, this picture tickles me because it's remeniscient of her father. There's a story there I'll share another time. See if you can guess what that is? Some will know instantly! Other's won't have a clue.

While you're pondering the silly picture, I'm off to the final evening of classes at the Region 5 Arabian and Half Arabian Championships at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds in Monroe, Washington. And no, I'm not playing again. As a breeder, I need to be seen such places AND I'm going to "remind" people about my open house and hopefully get a few more to come see my herd.


Visit Blog Village and vote for this blog Here daily

4 comments:

  1. I wish I lived closer, I would definitely be in attendance. I wish Murphy would close the "Law Book" for you so you can get things ready easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a very peaceful scene. I like the picture and your narrative.

    My daughter, Melinda, has a picture she took on my blog. It is a stunning macro.
    Brookville Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating poop? Maybe just smelling it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like she is about to roll!

    ReplyDelete