Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday Stills Challenge - Red



This week's Sunday Stills Challenge was "Red." OF course, there are lots of shades of red and that is true in the equine industry as well. Those who are into horses know that genetically there are two basic coat colors in horses, black and red, with red being recessive. There are lots of reasons why a true black coat is not often seen and there are lots of other color coats that we do see. That all has to do with modifiers. But for the purpose of this challenge the horse in the picture has what is considered to be a RED coat color.

Visit Blog Village and vote daily for this blog Here They are now measuring the rankings by votes out, so if you find my blog on the site, please click that link too to improve my rankings. TY

18 comments:

  1. Definitely red! But did you have to remind us of that S word???

    Have a lovely Easter,MiKael!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture with the snowy backdrop. Happy Easter and Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great picture, especially against the white snow! One of my favorite colors of horses.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely red contrasted against the white snow.

    Happy Easter to you!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know that about black and red horses - this one looks rather a happy red, prancing in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know that. Thank you for my "something new every darn day" for today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, that's definitely a red horse! A very pretty red horse, to boot. My stallion, Beamer is one of those rare true black horses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful horse! Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely red! I thought about a shot of my 2 red horses but I ran out of time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love him and his color! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how you've captured the action of the shot as well as the way the red stands out against the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful MiKael, is this with your new camera?

    More hiccups today, have been at hospital most of the day, got home 8.30ish and things are going back to "normal" you will know what I mean :-(

    I am beginning to think that I will never be in a position to love life again, everyone else seems to have lives and enjoyment and here I am miserable and trapped.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the red horse against the white snow!

    ReplyDelete