Saturday, April 25, 2009

Foaling and Showing Rolled into One



Between a prolonged foal watch with a webcam trying to die and the Daffodil Arabian Spring Show at which I am supposed to be showing, I'm too tired to know which end is up, let alone write a post so I thought I'd post a brief update........how brief will tell you how truly tired I am.

The mare is still pregnant and the show is still going. I'm not sure which place I'm supposed to be when. Richard has been getting video done of the classes so I'll have those to post. Also have Mare Stare buds hoping to get video of the foaling so maybe that will be available too for those who would like to see. Currently I have eyes on Dare so I am off to bed for a short nap. Hope tomorrow night to do a real post about the name I chose for the colt. It's written but not edited, so there's hope I might actually get it done.

In the meantime the live webcam is here. The bad static has finally been fixed and the big event looks to be very soon with white icicles hanging off the mare's udder.

The above picture is last year's foal, Scandalous MizScarlet in all her glory coming into this world. Hope the next time I post a foal pic it will be of the new wonder Dare is bestowing on us.


Hope you all are having a great weekend!

Visit Blog Village and vote daily for this blog Here They are now measuring the rankings by votes out, so if you find my blog on the site, please click that link too to improve my rankings. TY

10 comments:

  1. Does that mean Dare is going to foal within 24 hours! I hope so! Also, I remember when I talked to you on the phone, stating how Dare got her name from her bloodline, because that's what I read on your blog, does that mean this new foal Dare is carrying, could be named something along the lines of Scandalous Oak? That sounds unique and would carry on the tradition of naming these particular horses after their bloodlines. Though many registered animals get names from their bloodlines incorporated into their registered name). So that's why and how I came up with the idea. I like the idea, but it's up to you, if you choose to do so. Can hardly wait to see this new foal, what name you choose for this foal, and can also hardly wait to read more about your JR. colt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dare is getting super antsy right now, she's looking like she's getting ready to foal any minute. Will probably foal within the next 24 hours though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or could she be in labor! I hope so, that means I will get to see it. Plus, I've thought her foal looks like it could be getting into position lalely. Only time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately the cam I was watching went all black and fuzzy :(. And I am pretty she's good and ready to foal now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the big beautiful Filly! I can't wait to see her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited about this half and half foal. Hurry Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was watching for a long time last night until the videocam blitzed out. I can't connect this morning either.

    Hope she foals soon! And healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just checked out the calendar on Marestare although there is still no video.

    Congratulations on your new little one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOOOOH, the new baby is here!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see that new foal! It's so exciting when you know it's near the time. Of course the two foals we had I missed them both! Sneaky ole' mares! Didn't have web cams back then!

    Try to get some rest Mikael!

    ReplyDelete