Saturday, March 10, 2007

Just a Horse....Just an Arabian Horse!

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just an Arabian horse," or,"that's a lot of money for just an Arabian horse".
They don't understand the distance travelled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just an Arabian horse." Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just an Arabian horse."
Many hours have passed and my only company was "just an Arabian horse," but I did not once feel slighted. Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just an Arabian horse," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just an Arabian horse" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.
If you, too, think it's "just an Arabian horse," then you will probably understand phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."
"Just an Arabian horse" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy.
"Just an Arabian horse" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person. Because of "just an Arabian horse" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.
So for me and folks like me, it's not "just an Arabian horse" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.
"Just an Arabian horse" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.
I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just an Arabian horse" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a woman."
So the next time you hear the phrase "just an Arabian horse" just smile, because they "just" don't understand.

Author unknown, slightly modified by me...........


2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful. I "just" really like it! I "just" totally agree with what it says... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very true, I "just" totally understand where you are "just" coming from LOL.

    Keep your fingers and toes crossed that I can sell some of these babies and three year olds so that I can get to a manageable level where I can enjoy my fillies and ride a bit. I miss that so much. If I have ridden 20 times in the past 6 years that is a lot!!!

    I think my blog has changed a few people's perception of the horse. The DPC community where all of it started (the photo a day challenge) are very clicky and if they see a picture of a cat or a horse or a child or ...... fill in the blank, they automatically vote it down. I have been very pleased to see a few of the people that I thought were the die hards actually comment on my horse pictures in a positive way now in recent weeks. If I can just change one person's perception that these are loving feeling creatures then my job will be done, but of course I want to change as many as possible. I set a record this week with my freestudy entry which achieved 11th place out of 619 entries with a score of over 7.

    I dont know if you know DPC or not, if not here is a link to my membership. It is free and also has a membership fee which just gives you more choices in challenges and portfolios and voting etc.

    http://dpchallenge.com/profile.php

    I hope the link works if not let me know and I will point you in the right direction.

    On to the next post.

    Lori


    Lori

    ReplyDelete